Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Purse of the Month!!!



Yesterday for Labor Day we spent the day at Bryan's parents and had a huge BBQ and played SCUM while the kids played to their hearts content with their cousins. This is always fun to do on both side os our families because both are really into card games.

Then all of the girls got together for the purse exchange. So, here is my new purse for the month. This is something that is going on between my mother-in-law and all the sisters on Bryan's side. We all figured that between My mother-in-law and myself, we have a really big and nice assortment of purses so every month we put the pile of purses which consist of my Coach purses(which I only paid for one) Duney and Burk, Prada, Versace, and Payless purses!!!! This is the one I chose for this month and I am rather fond of it. This is the Prada that LaNae got over seas. I am going to post the new ones that I get every month and tell me what you all think.

Then Bryan's dad gave us our new Gift for the month and I rather enjoy this one. The Gift for the month is The Gift of a Perfect Day. We have to figure out what our perfect day would be, think it through and execute it. This really has me thinking because I could come up with some really fun things to make for a perfect day. I think I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do so I have to write it down, I am going to pray about it and then I will do it. For all who don't know what these Gifts are that Bryan's dad is giving us every month I will try to explain what it is. He saw the movie The Ultimate Gift. He was really moved by this so he came up with 12 things for all of us married kids to do and carry them out and report back to him every month on how we, as a family did. For example one month was The Gift of Kindness. For 20 days (we had to keep track) each person in our family had to do an 5acts of kindness a day. One was The Gift of Knowledge. We had to pick a topic we wanted to know more about and read and study it and report back to him. I picked Egypt, Garrett-Cursive, Ella-Handwriting, Gavyn-Bugs, and Bryan-Something technical with computers. And so on and so on. At the end of the last month, if each one of us families did our best and accepted each one of these gifts Gordon and LaNae are giving each family a paid for Disney Cruise to the Bahamas. We are all really excited.

Now I want to know from you guys out there what you think a perfect day is and I challenge you to do it. Like I said, I am going to post what I am going to do and then report back here if I do it. I want to see if this works. Please try this, I promise that it will be really fun. Just think of how the perfect day would go in your household (be realistic) and try it. I want everyone to try this challenge and then blog about it. I definetlly would like to see Brent, CougerNana, Jolynn, heck anyone try this and report on your blogs.

9 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    OK Lyndsey, I don't want to do the purse thing...I don't like my daughters purses and they don't like mine...so that's out, BUT I LOVE the "Gift" idea. I especially love the Gift of Knowledge challenge. The Perfect Day would be a hard one, I've already had the perfect day of my life and it was expensive so I don't think I should do that again but maybe I can come up with another idea. I'll give it some thought. This sounds like a very meaningful and fun idea. I'm going to ponder it and see how it can work for our family. Thanks so much. Hugs to You!
    Anonymous said...
    P.S. Sorry...I just went back and re-read your blog and I REALLY LOVE the Gift of Kindness...we'll do that one for sure. This will be very fun! Thanks for sharing.
    Ellsworth Party of Four said...
    Our Family is IN!! We will begin thinking about our perfect days...return and report!!!
    Love you and thank for the great ideas!!
    Kam
    Gena said...
    I'm going to try really hard to imagine my perfect day. Parameters may change due to availability but I'll do my best. I have a challenge I've been given by the YW in my ward that I'm going to pass on to all of you!
    Laurel said...
    Nice purse, sounds like a fun idea. Now as far as a perfect day I will have to give that one some thought...but a perfect day for me would be sleeping in & not ever having to work again & just doing what I want to do!!
    Clement Family said...
    isn't getting all those purses the perfect day?
    Anonymous said...
    Dude... I hope you saw my blog with your crazy kiddos in it. :)
    Brandon and Mandi Hemming said...
    I LOVE THAT PURSE!!! So cute!! Ok- so I will totally do the perfect day thing as long as I also get a PAID trip to the Bahamas!! ha ha!! :) I would actually have to think long and hard about that one.
    Kelly said...
    CUTE purse! And it's funny you picked Egypt to read and learn about... because I've been doing some learning on that place recently. Just out of the blue I got this weird interest in it........

Post a Comment