Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I need to VENT!!!!

I can't do this anymore. I am going to get some things off of my chest then I will feel a little better. I don't even know where to start. Have you ever just felt so overwhelmed by something or someone that you let it affect you? I don't know why our minds let this happen to us but I am sick of it. I just get to feeling awesome and then something happens to take it all away. Well I am saying no more! I am not letting anything or anyone knock me down anymore. I know who I am and what I stand for and believe in. I am taking control back of my life and saying enough is enough. Don't let things interfere with you as a person or your families because honestly life is too short. I have had enough things in my life happen to knock me down and to get me down but I have grown from them and am thankful for every single bit of it. I will no longer stand by and let things affect me as a person anymore. I have people in my life that I can depend on and I am truly thankful for them. You all know who you are. I am tired of people or things that can get me down and the lies that can result from them and I have to just step back and let them roll off of my back and let them all go. I know I sound bitter but sometimes we are entitled. I also understand that we are told to forgive but it isn't easy to forgive when those that have wronged you are not allowing you to forget. The forgiveness process can be done but when responsibility isn't being taken then how? I go back to the quote on my blog, “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” I know that I am not perfect and don't claim to be, but I am true to myself and to those that I love. Thanks for letting me vent.

9 Comments:

  1. Laynee said...
    Lyndsay you took the words right out of my mouth! I think it is extremely important to remember that forgiveness comes when those who have hurt you are truly sorry and can admit to their wrong doings. It is hard to forgive someone when they are denying the hurtful act even occurred. I know that in time forgiveness is possible but it does take just that, TIME!!! Besides, a very wise person recently told me that forgiveness is only for you! To relieve the hurt and anger you are personally feeling and give it to our savior. It in no way means that you forget or are over the hurtful act. Sometimes I think people get that confused. You know I love ya and want you to be happy, so be happy!!!
    Anonymous said...
    Go girl! This is so true! Forgiveness in earned. NOBODY should tell anybody that they need to forgive, NOBODY! When you have been wronged or hurt, everyone else needs to stay out of it and understand that it is between you and the person who caused it. I believe in you, and I LOVE YOU GIRL! You deserve happiness and by damed, reach out and grab it!
    URFAVE 5+A Few said...
    We couldn't agree more with you Lyndsey and with the other comments that have been posted! To forgive and move forward is something all of us would like but that is difficult to do when that opportunity hasn't been presented. It is difficult to truly forgive someone when they don't really want to be forgiven
    and they haven't asked for the forgiveness. As Stacey said real forgiveness can only be achieved when the other person truly feels sorry and wants to be forgiven.
    Please know we love ya! Hang in there!
    Brian and JoLynn
    Holly said...
    Amen to the other comments but I wanna know what happened!! But, that's just the busy body in me...I can't help myself! Anyhoo.. everything is easier said than done, but in reality as long as you and your family is happy..that's all that should matter right? Hope things start looking up for you soon:)
    Brandon and Mandi Hemming said...
    Ditto to all your other comments :) I have also learned that forgiveness takes time and prayer helps in so many ways. We all know you're a great person so hang in there!!

    P.S. If you need me- I got your back ;)
    Anonymous said...
    It was nice to hear your voice, this evening, when you called. I am so sorry that you have been hurt, and you did the right thng by venting. I don't need to know who or why. Just know that I love you and am always here for you. Anytime you need to scream, yell or whatever. It is around midnight or so and I couldn't sleep. I am so glad I got up and checked the blogs, so I could send my love your way....Grandma.

    p.s. I think I can guess what upset you but I may be wrong.
    Gena said...
    Did you ever wonder why I call you Lyndsey Gayle sometimes? Because you are so much like your Mom! She's a strong woman who knew right and wrong and was not afraid to tell it like it is. I know more than anything that she is very proud of the woman you are. Venting is perfectly all right with me and it doesn't bother me at all (I LOVE talking to you). When the church set up in UT do you know what Brigham's biggest motto was? Mind you own business. I wish more people could remember to implement that in their lives. Everyone else's comments have covered it. Remember how much you are loved not just by Bryan and crew but by your family.
    Marianne said...
    Sweet Lyndsey,

    I agree with much of what has been said above. You are right about taking back your life. Remember what Jesus said, "If thy right hand offend thee cut it off..." meaning that if someone or something is hurting you or your family you need to remove that person or thing from your life. Tell it like it is and be done with it.Sometimes people need to be rudely awakened to realize how wrong they have been! Love to you!
    Jody said...
    Hey, although I don't know exactly your circumstances, I do know a little of what (or who) you've been dealing with. And all I can say is I admire you for taking the higher road. Others could really get mired down and let negative things dictate their lives. You've got wonderful family and a great spouse to lean on. And you DO know you can call me if you need it.....right?

Post a Comment