Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Six- Highlights of the Week!

1. First and foremost I am thankful for missionaries. Especially Bryan's Brother Brad who is serving a mission in Bolivia. We got a phone call this morning from Bryan's mom telling us that the Government has issued all US Ambassadors out of the country within 72 hours. In Blonde terms it means they think we are the bad guys helping their bad guys and to get out. We don't know where they are sending him but we are supposed to hear from him anytime as to if he is okay and where he is. All prayers will help. It is 3pm and we still havn't heard from Brad and they strated moving them yesturday. We will update when we find out something.



2. I am thankful this week to help in Brilynn's room. Man it was fun to hang out with Jolynn and Stacy painting the never ending pink stripes. Stripes!!! I am going to be seeing stripes for a ling time. It really looks cool and now I am excited to do Ella's room.

3. I am thankful that I got to spend time with my invalid brother Brian. I got to take him for Xrays on his back Friday to figure out why he is walking around like an old man. I was also his driver around town. He has been down for days now and you can tell that it is driving hm nuts. Anyone who knows my brother knows that he has a hard time not doing anything (ADD) so as we were painting, taping off, striping, and so on he would be lingering in the doorway trying to get his two cents in and then slowly coming in the room and eventually doing something. You gotta love the guys hard working abilities.

4. I am thankful that I got to spend time at the kids school this week. I volunteered at my kids school in the nurses office and man let me tell you it isn't easy. She is always busy and does it with a smile, for the most part. Nurse Val is aw some and I am so thankful that I have her at their school to take care of my son.

5. I am thankful for my Father and for all he does for us. He is such a great example to me and to my children. He is a great grandfather and a great joker. That man has the ability to make anyone laugh. Just watching him get up and play the Wii with all of us is so funny. He is really competative but all in fun. Last week they were over and we had a tournament rematch again with my dad and husband on one team and my brother Brian and myself on the other. A couple of weeks ago they won but at this tournament, my brother and myself won. Hence the victory picture! Now I also had to take a picture of my dad and the Mii we made of him. How errie is the likeness??







6. I am great full for family and friends get togethers. I know that we didn't get together this week but I didn't get to post this from the previous week so there. I had so much fun at Brilynn's B-day at Peter Piper and I really liked the Friday night get together for the Wii. Remember, Dick and Bryan Morty -1, Brian and Lyndsey -1. I look forward to the next tournament.!!!!!


(NOTICE THAT RICHARD MATCHES!!!!)






9 Comments:

  1. Brandon and Mandi Hemming said...
    I can't believe Ella is 30 lbs! My Madisen better slow down! :) Sounds like you guys have such a great time playing Wii. I love when we get together at my parents house and play- it's a total blasst!
    Laynee said...
    Thanks Lynz!! I had fun hanging out with you too! We need to do it more often. That picture of me?...........Thanks alot!
    Marianne said...
    Hey Lyndsey! Sounds like you had a great week. I am so glad that you and your brothers and sisters all get to see eachother and that you get together often. I miss my brothers!

    As for your memory of me...yeah, I remember that too. Sorry it was the first one that came to your mind! I'm really a nice person! I guess I was being a mother bear trying to keep the littler ones in the tent from being scared and then me having to deal with it! I love you and I always have! I am so proud of you too! You are a wonderful wife and mother, sister and friend! Your Mom is so proud of you I am sure!
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Lyndsey, As always, a wonderful Sunday Six. I hope you've had good news about Bryan's brother by now. Our missionary (long story) went to Bolivia too, La Paz, so we know quite a bit about that country and the difficulties there. Brilynn's room looks darling, you all did a great job! I hope you have another happy week filled with many blessings!
    Anonymous said...
    Dood: Pricing = www.ebentleyphoto.com
    You will have to call me!! I know... that's probably one of the hardest things you'll ever do... since I think I can count on one hand how many times you've called me - EVER - and we will sched, man! :)

    hehehe

    ps. The last (and only) time I went to As You Wish was that time you took me!
    Anonymous said...
    OH, and I was gonna say, that little WII person of your dad is, how-you-say, HILARIOUS!
    Jared's is the same way!! Cracks me up every time I see it!!
    Ellsworth Party of Four said...
    OK WE want IN on the dodgeball fun!! I laughed so freakin hard at Dick's Wii guy...I love that man! Hope to see you all soon and Kick your Trash...yeah thats right I said it!! Bring IT!!!
    Anonymous said...
    Lyndsey. I will be waiting to hear how Bryan's brother fared in Bolivia and where he was sent. Things like that can be so scary.
    I enjoyed your Sunday six. I can tell from your blog and the way you write and the things you say what a wonderful wife, mother, sister, niece, and friend you have become. I have alwys know what a wonderful Granddaughter you are. Thanks for the pictures too. The4y were great.

    I love you lots Grandma Helen
    Julianne said...
    Love how your family does the Sunday Six. I might have to "steal" this idea soon.

Post a Comment