Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Real Sunday Six

1. I am extremley thankful for books, for their guidence and thier escapses from reality. Well from reality because I can go to other places for a while and not worry about my home for a little bit. I just finished the Host and now have been reading about Egypt. Very interesting. For the guidence part because Gavyn got sick yesturday and still is and we havn't had him get sick since he was in the hospital since February, so we had to get the thick diabetes book out to see what to do. I don't like seeing him sick and not knowing what to do.

2. I am thankful for friends and all they do for me. For Randi and Jolynn for all the toe polishes, and lunch seeking that we have done. It is good to just be with the girls once in a while for that retreat.

3. For getting together and just shooting the breeze with some of the family on a Friday night. If anyone has a Wii then you know how involved the playing of some of the games could be. Well this weekend we got together with Brian and Jo and also Dad and Sherri showed up for some pizza and play time. Well, we got dad to do the Wii Playground and let me tell you it was an intense couple of games. I have never seen my dad get so rowdy before. He was so into it that he was drenched with sweat. I hate to say it but dad and My Bryan beat me and my brother Brian. Oh yes, there will be a rematch!!!

4. I am thankful for the scouting program. I am thankful that I have a husband who is so dedicated and so involved with the youth in the ward in this. He and Garrett make a great team. I love watching Garrett get his awards and watching Bryan help him acheive those. I love that scouting helps these boys learn about goals and accomplishing them for their awards in the end.

5. I am thankful for my in-laws. They are a great influence to me and my family. They are hard workers and they play too. They are great listeners and great advice givers. I know I can go to them for advice and also for a retreat from everyday life. It helps that they always have a house full with cousins and fun!!!

6. Finally I am thankful that I have my very own Tim the Tool Man Taylor. Wow, is all I can say for what happened with Bryan yesturday. We needed a new ceiling fan (because Bryan blew the motor in the other one) and so we started out the morning at Lowes. Came home and set up the fan, got it all put together and finally up and then you hear it. a crunching. Something wrong in the motor. He goes back and gets a different motor at Lowes and comes back and takes it down again. Then it is put up again and almost done when I go to the boys room and turn on the lights and our light in our room turns on too. Oh Man Bryan yells. They are on the same frequency. Now he comes in the toy room and tells me he has to go back to Lowes and get a new switch for the fan. Finally after taking down and putting up the fan again, I can finally say that the fan works. Brent, he can't say anything to you about your fix it skills.

4 Comments:

  1. Gena said...
    Lynnie, I wish I were there to play on the Wii (I've done pretty well on ours) and to have some girl days with you all. Allison and Helen are pretty good at it, Emily would rather be on the Wii with Michael. And, you know what? You may have a Tim the Tool Man but he love you. I know you know that! Guess what I see in you? An awesome I-can-do-it-myself woman waiting to burst out. Come on, you know you can do it... ceiling fans? Do it, girl, and surprise everyone at how good you are. Just think about telling Brent how good you are at fixing things!
    Grandma Norma said...
    At least you have a handy man in your home that likes to try his hand at fixing. Grandpa would just say, "go call somebody to fix it."
    URFAVE 5+A Few said...
    What a nice Sunday Six! I'm so proud of you Lynz. I'm proud of what a good wife and mom you are. And Bryan may of had some difficulities there with the ceiling fan but I'm telling you that guy is one heck of computer guy and there isn't anything Bryan won't try and there isn't anyone that he won't serve. He's a stud and your a stud muffin:).
    Love ya, JoLynn
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Lyndsey, WOW, 12 happy things in less than a week, you are on a roll!! I loved all that you said and especially I love that since I can't get to know you better in person this is such a great way for me to learn about what a wonderful person you are. Thanks for sharing and giving a glimpse into your blessed life. I wish you another happy week!!

Post a Comment