Monday, September 29, 2008
I am reminded every time that I get on this old computer that I haven't done my Sunday Six. I know I am going to do it but I don't have the drive to do it. I wasn't feeling well Sunday and Today I am down right sick. I don't know if it is no I take it back, I know that it is because of the week that I had and I am just exhausted, stressed out, anxiety ridden, tired, etc..... I had the type of week that I never want to have again and am going to make sure that I never have another one like it. So, that is why I am making my Monday One about Family.
Without out Family my week and the beginning of this week would have been my downward spiral of much out of controlness. When in doubt when something was in limbo I always had someone to catch me and help me up. I needed one of my good old daddy daughter talks, you know the kind when you are really out of your mind and need to have The Talk that is supposed to make things better. Well I got The Talk that I needed and it helped. Having my father around has been such a great blessing when I don't have my mother. When I need to hear about her I can talk to him and he tells me all about her. Thanks dad for the Talk!
Thank you to Jolynn. You are such a great friend to me and a wonderful sister. You listen to me and have really helped me in all of your great advice. Or I guess you could say that we have helped each other. You always know what to say to me and you always help to put a smile on my face. Thanks for going with me and Ella to Urgent Care too, even though she would have rathered it been you that took her. I guess we all know who my daughter prefers.
Thank you to my brothers. Without you guys this week I would have been lost. Brian and Brent, I can always count on you for the bluntness of things. You 2 have different approaches to things but they both mean the same thing. Thanks for being there boys!
Thanks to a big part of my husband without which I wouldn't be who I am today. You completed me in so many ways and you continue to teach me in many new ways. I am sorry that you have to help me so much but I know that you will be thanked in many ways from many people. You have given me our beautiful children and given me the chance to stay home and raise them and for this I am grateful. You are the light and strength to me and I love you.
Finally thank you to my second mother Sherri. I know that in the beginning you and me had our differences but I wouldn't be who I am today without you. This week you have been nothing short of a real mother to me and I am so grateful for you. You have taught me many things in my life but mainly to listen to my heart and trust myself. You are a blessing to my families lives and I know that my mother is looking down on you and smiling from ear to ear. As much as I have needed her here I know that I have a little bit of her in you and I am grateful for that.
This last week will not be repeated or forgotten because it has taught me the most important lesson of all, Families are Forever, Love them or leave some of them, and I learned that the ones that are in my life, the ones that have helped me threw the tough times, are worth loving and keeping so thank you to them all. I love you and appreciate all of you.
When times are tough the song that often comes to my mind is "Count Your Blessings" especially the line in the song that says "When upon lifes billows you are temptest tossed, When you are discouraged thinking all is lost Count your many blessings name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done." So just sing those words, lift your chin up high, and know you are loved, and then call me!:)
I love ya Lyndsey!
JoLynn
~Auntie 'M'