Monday, October 6, 2008

Allergies, Swellling, And Fevers Oh My!!!


When it rains it pours in my world. This all started last week for me with Ella. She started last weekend when Brent and Kami were down and that is when Ella had an eye that was totally swollen shut. Sherri and Jolynn and I took Ella to Urgent Care and the doctors gave her a steroid and sent us on our way. The doctors didn't know what was wrong with her and decided that she was allergic to something. Last week she was fine, no swollen eyes and all was good at the home front. Then yesterday hits. Just as we told Bryan's family about Ella's eyes and the mystery of the puffiness I turned around and low and behold her eye was starting to get swollen again. What the Heck!!! Slowly the day passed on and the eye got worse and worse. Then she fell asleep and woke up to a roaring fever. We went home and took the temp and she was 104. We got that down and finally called it a day. She woke up this morning and she was 101 and her eye was completely shut and red and blue. I couldn't do this anymore and finally got her into her doctor and they were ticked off to think that the Urgent Care did nothing but postpone what was affecting her. She had 101 temp and the doctor said that she has a really bad infection in her body somewhere that is coming threw her eye and that she needed an emergency shot of an antibiotic. Ella herd the word SHOT and about died right there on the table. After receiving the thick honey like shot in the leg we had to wait in the office for another 30 minutes and see if she was going to have a reaction to it. Nothing happened and now we are home with Augmenton and fever reducer. YES!!!! I am on an emergency watch of her until tomorrow and hope and pray that the swelling goes down and the fever. If not then it is back to the Doctor.

That was Ella and now on to me. I am dealing with my own sickness!! I was sick at the same time Ella was getting all of this and I still am. I am having really bad allergies and I am really tired of them. Just as I think it has passed, oops, just kidding, they are back. I just wish it would all go away and life would be normal.

Everything else has been really good in life. After clearing out a few cobwebs in my life and "Cleaning out my closet", we are back to normal.We watched conference yesterday and I loved all of the talks. I really felt the spirit and was really inspired by a couple of the talks. I felt like some of the talks were meant just for me. Hope fully all will be well with the rest of the week.

11 Comments:

  1. Laynee said...
    That poor baby's eye!!! I cannot believe how swollen it is. I hope she gets better soon and we can get together!! We will be praying for her!!!
    Bryan and Lyndsey said...
    She is even smiling in that picture and she feels like crap. She was sitting there with a 102 temp and I told her that she didn't have to smile but she did. It is a girl thing I guess. The Swelling is worse though. The picture doesn't do it any justice.
    Anonymous said...
    Oh Lyndsey, I'm so sad about you and Ella. She looks like she was hit in the eye with a baseball bat. Poor Little Girl!! I hope the doctor has finally figured out the "real" problem and that she gets well soon and it sounds like you could use a visit to the doctor yourself. Our family will no doubt be joining you soon since we all stood out in the cold rain for hours on Saturday, I don't know how we can escape getting sick. I guess it's just that time of year but it still doesn't make it fun. I wish you both a speedy recovery!!
    URFAVE 5+A Few said...
    Man I just knew that there was more to it. Even that night after we took her to urgent care I thought man thats wierd they didn't give her any kind of antibiotic. Well I'm sure glad that there hopefully getting to the bottom of all of this garbage. She looks pathetic. I think it looks worse than it did that night we took her to urgent care. Well give her a big hug and kiss for me and tell her to get better. We'll be praying for her!
    JoLynn
    Sheree and Brian Mowers said...
    Holy cow!!! Look at that eye! Poor girl! I hope she (and you) get feeling better soon!
    Holly said...
    Her eye looks like she had cellulitis. That's my professional opinion..not like you asked..but you get it anyway. How is she now? Fever gone? Poor little mini me.
    Kenyon said...
    GEEZ, how sad! I hope she is doing alot better.

    As for allergies, they have been HORRIBLE in our house. Jaxson had to stay home from school twice this week just because of allergies. I sure hope you feel better soon.
    Bryan and Lyndsey said...
    It is 9 30pm and slight fever but the swelling still looks the same. We will see what the morning brings.
    Nikki said...
    Oh my that looks horrible the poor thing. Allergies are never good. I am glad everything is coming under control.
    Ellsworth Party of Four said...
    Oh my poor baby girl...tell her Aunt Kami is on the way!!
    I can't believe it isn't better yet...what in the world were those urgent care Dr's thinking?? She looks so sad..all puffed up and red.
    And whats with you sickie?? Maybe a little Buckle shopping this weekend will do the trick? Can't wait to see you all again so soon!
    Gena said...
    I hate it when there's nothing I can do to make my kids feel better. Ella looks happy in spite of the discomfort. She'll love that picture some day. I love you Lynds! I believe the rest of your week should be restful, by force if necessary!

Post a Comment