Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Well let me just start off by saying that we had a great Christmas. Everything went well and the kids got everything they wanted. The Christmas Eve dinner at Sorenos was really good with the exception that Brent and Kami couldn't be there but all in all it was good. We followed the evening events at the In-laws house where Santa came and gave all of the kids a gift before we all settled home for the anticipation of his arrival. That morning came and the fun began with all of the presents being opened only for me and Bryan to clean up the mess later. We got to dads and Sherri's and had breakfast and presents. That is the best food man. Then we came home, packed and were out the door to Pinetop. We were scrambeling out the door fast because the rain started and that was the start of a huge storm that was headed towards where we were going. We made it there in good time only to be greeted to a warm Christmas dinner at none than good ole Denny's!!! Yup, Mother in-law planned a good roast for dinner that night but forgot it at home and no other place was open to get food so Denny's it was. 20 something outside and wind that was getting colder and harder by the minute.
The next morning was Snow!!!! Everywhere! It was so cold but the kids loved it. They had snowball fights and the BIGGER Boys of the Family ( the grown men) took the kids out and built a huge sledding ramp. This was fun because I actually went down it. We brought up our Wii and some games and we all made a great trip out of it! The last day came and I was really wanting to go home but Bryan called me to go down to the new ramp because it was better than the first and I had to take some pictures. I went and of course had to try this one too. To my mistake I went and really fell hard! As my kids told me I got the award for the best wipeout because I landed on my backside and dislocated my tailbone. If that wasn't a fine how do ya do! I never hurt so bad in my life. I drove home sitting on a pillow and switching positions every five or ten minutes.
Now today being my 31st Birtday I woke up on only 2 hours sleep with a really sore and stiff back side or as my friends like to say a "Broken Butt". I have had to walk slowly and sit on pillows in my car if I was driving and to top it off, I can't bend down or move hardley in my home to clean up much without dying over in pain! But I have had a great Birthday dispite the pain. I got a great breakfast from Village Inn, (strawberry crepes) and had Logan's Steakhouse for dinner with my dad, Sherri, Brian, Jolynn, and my wonderful husband Bryan. I even bought myself a new purse from Buckle. All in all, It has been fun and enjoyable.
I am posting a slide show because we have too many great pictures and then the video is of my 2 boys and the love that they have for eachother!
One more thing. I have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAMI!! I am so glad to have you in the family and also very glad that we share a birthday close together. We know how eachother feels. I hope you have a great day and get awesome gifts!
Thanks for being you. Know I love you.
JoLynn
P.S. Be sure to look at Brilynn's blog today. She has a special post today.
Ella is the cutest little snow bunny I have ever seen!
You have my love always.
Grandma Helen
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! So it turns out you have a new number and I had NO clue. I tried calling you on your birthday I I got nothing. brent has since then informed me you have a new number! So happy late birthday!
Thanks for the birthday post!
Love you and miss you!