Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lyndsey's Sunday Six

1. I too like Jolynn am thankful that we had our family pictures done. I loved getting them done but the waiting for the finished disk is going to kill me. My friend took them and she did a great job but of course Jolynn and I had our ideas as well and had to get the pictures that we wanted.


2. I am I guess for my husbands sake thankful for the WIN of UofA over ASU. We woke up this morning and Bryan said like a little kid, "I wonder if I have bragging rights?" To anyone who doesn't know, I have a family who are really dedicated to ASU football and my husband really loves Uof A. Well since I married him there has been a rival in the family over theses 2 teams and when one wins we hear about it and if the other wins we hear about it. I have to say I am proud of Bryan for not calling Brent and gloating about this win.


3. I am thankful that Gavyn is doing better. Read the previous post if you don't know what I am referring to. I am glad that that is over and now I have to deal with his HIGHS because he has a cold.

4. I am (like Jolynn) thankful for the time of year. I love Christmas and I love to decorate. I couldn't get all of the pictures that I wanted to post because I need a new camera but I am pretty proud of the tree.





5. I am thankful for my dad. With all of the crap that he endures from ALL of his children he still keeps on ticking and we have to remind him that all is okay and not to worry so much because he did all he could and to remember we are grown. He taught us right from wrong, now it is our turn to show him if we have learned. This picture with this post is one I love because it is something that we all did growing up which was to get a brush and just brush that big mop of hair any way we wanted. Gavyn loved doing it if you couldn't tell.


6. Finally I am thankful for great friends. Old, new, family, or just people at church. Without them I wouldn't know how or what to do. My husband is the best example of a friend to me because no matter what my faults are or me at my best, he loves me for who I am. My family is next because without the friendship of Jolynn or my brothers, I wouldn't know which way was up because they tell me how it is and keep it real. And to Randi. All I can say is Girl, you rock as a friend. I am very grateful to have you around. And to the new/old. I just got reacquainted with an old friend from high school and let me tell ya, she is still the same but with a bit more sassyness. She is just like me in a lot of ways and I am glad that we got to catch up and now we are not going to let anymore time pass without talking. (Now that I have a new phone and can text like crazy now, I am good to go with keeping in touch with everyone!)

4 Comments:

  1. Marianne said...
    Your tree is beautiful and so is your Dad's head of hair!
    URFAVE 5+A Few said...
    I love your house and all your decorations and your tree is beautiful! To everyone reading this post these pictures of her decorations don't do the house justice. It looks even better in person!
    I love the picture of Dad's hair and his facial expression is a riot!
    I too can hardly wait for our finished disk. I thought about slipping her a little extra dough to speed the process up!
    O.K. now to bigger manners! ASU is still the BEST! Sorry Morty! But Lyndz I'm proud of you for sticking by your man and his team. That's what wives are supposed to do. But we know you know the real truth GO ASU! GO DEVILS!:) Oh and I'm proud of Bryan for not gloating to Brent, however, I would have loved to hear what he said.
    I love you Lyndz. I'm proud of you! You are such a great friend and example to me. Thanks for everything!!!
    Love Ya, JoLynn
    Sheree and Brian Mowers said...
    Hey Lyndz,
    I always love reading your sixes for the week. Your house looks great! We still haven't put any decor up, but we going to decorate tomorrow! Can't wait to see all of you in a couple of weeks. Miss you!
    Sheree
    Anonymous said...
    Lyndsey, Beautiful pictures of your home and Christmas decorations, everything looks so festive and fun. Getting your family picture taken is a huge accomplishment, I'm so happy for all of you!! This is all I have to say about the ASU/U of A game...Brent definitely would not have been so nice had ASU won...that is obvious just in the comments he has made to Bryan over the last couple of months on your blog. I think Bryan is missing a HUGE opportunity...but I respect him for his niceness! Unfortunately, now we are rivals, I will try to remember what a good winner you were Bryan and I will try to be like you when BYU stomps Arizona at the Las Vegas Bowl!! May the best team win and we ALL know that's BYU!!!

Post a Comment