Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lyndsey's Sunday Six AGAIN

(Pictures are coming tomorrow because I got a new camera and the batteries ran out)

Well, here starts another post about my week when I would love for my husband or someone else to take over but oh well. I could be like my dad and only post once in a blue moon, but I won't!!!! So here it is, with no further adu, My busy week of what I was thankful for.

1. To start the week out with a bang I am thankful for baking! Yes I said it, i love to get my big plates of goodies and give them to our neighbors and friends! Monday came and so did the goodies. The plates consisted of peanut butter cookies with Hersey kisses, chocolate dipped pretzels with smashed candy canes, molasses cookies, and couger crunch! There were left overs so of course I had to enjoy them too. We are making some today too, but the difference is that I am going to dip oreos in chocolate too.

2. Tuesday came and made me thankful for Scouts! i had to help out with Garrett's troop with making the gingerbread houses. Doing this activity with a lot of little 9 years olds takes patience and a lot of Diet Coke. It was a lot of fun but a lot of cleaning up!!

3. Wednesday was being thankful that Soccer was coming to an end. Yes Ella stuck it out and played in almost all of the games and we found out that she is actually really good. This followed with Saturday being the last game and the kids getting their trophies and eating a ton of food.
This day also brought a lot of running around because I had 2 different play times of Garrett's for school that I had to attend. One at 1 in the afternoon and the last that night. It was good to have both sets of grandparents attend and also good to see that my son actually did really good as an elf!!

4. Thursday made me thankful that I had a day to go grocery shopping and then relax at home to clean and clean and clean. Man there is nothing like a clean house but knowing that you are cleaning it only to have people and their kids come over it makes you wonder why you even bother. I guess that is where I get a lesson from my mom Sherri about houses being clean. I used to get so mad when we would spend the day cleaning and then people would come over and then you apologize for you house no looking clean? What???? Well I don't ever think my house is ever clean or looking right so I totally understand where she was coming from now!

5. Friday came and I was thankful for Good Friends. We have a lot of fun people in the ward and one of the families came over and had a hot chocolate and smores night. Bryan went and got his parents fire pit and we all sat in the backyard and roasted marshmallows and drank warm drinks. Then we followed with a good old card game of 7 up.

6. Finally, Saturday came and I was thankful for Bryan being home and spending family time. First we all went to Ella's game, and spent the rest of the day shopping. We got a lot of stuff done and also managed to see an old family friend! It was really great to see her and her family. She looks great! After they left we went back out shopping at the mall to get Garrett some new church shoes and some other things needed and all of a sudden it started to snow!!!! the new mall by us has by the kids area a snow machine that creates real snow and it falls every half hour. It was really fun for the kids and for us. We all got Dairy Queen when we were all done for the day and went home to crash in our beds.


I am hoping that this week is a slower week so I can actually take a well needed breath!

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hi Lyndsey! Sounds like a very busy and fun week! I don't know how you fit all that into just six days, good job. Now about that baking...what is cougar crunch? That sounds like something I should know about. All the other goodies sound wonderful too. The snow at the mall sounds fun, we had real snow last night as we came out of the movie, very fun and cold. Be sure to see Australia, much better than Twilight! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.
    URFAVE 5+A Few said...
    WOW you were a busy little lady weren't you! I missed not seeing you this week. But the next couple of weeks I know we will see each other. It will be fun! Give all the kiddos hugs and kisses for me. I've really missed them!
    Were going to have to go to the mall and see it snow. Man that sounds really cool. I bet the kids thought that was great.
    Well have another great week. Love ya, JoLynn
    Marianne said...
    Oh my Gosh! Someone needs to make Nancy some Cougar Crunch right now!
    Lyndsey, you make my head spin! Enjoy it now while your kids are young and you have the energy!! I love kind of sitting back and watching my grown girls take over now. They made gingerbread men lastnight and have great plans for sugar cookies soon. Me, I'll dip the pretzels...that's easy!
    Ellsworth Party of Four said...
    Good job YOU! What a busy fun-filled week. You are a great wife and mother...what a good example! Love you Lyndz...see you soon!
    Anonymous said...
    Yes you were busy, and you forgot having to be my life saver! Thanks so much for helping me last week. you are FABULOUS! REst up this week, next week will be even more busy! Thanks for everything!
    Missy said...
    Hello, yes your cougar crunch was awesome, I am so glad to of had a good treat before leaving Arizona. Thank you so much for your friendship it will always be cherished. Love ya! Love the new family pic as well.

Post a Comment