Sunday, November 2, 2008
I am going to start out with Halloween. It went really good. The kids looked really cute and got tired of walking pretty early. All of the kids went through their candy and kept what they wanted and the rest of it which is a ton is going to the Phoenix Childrens Hospital. They are doing this for the Diabetic children so they can turn in the candy for prizes. I am really proud of my kids for giving up thier candy. We did have a pretty good scare with Gavyn on Friday though. We didn't think he was going to be able to go trick or treating because when he woke up for school that morning his blood sugar was 389. We tried the whole day to try to get him down and he stayed at 400 all day. He was red faced, sweaty, and had really bad stomache cramps all day. Finally towards the nights end he evened out and was better. The doctors didn't even know why he did this.
Bryan's brother Clint dressed up and walked around as the tall man! This costume was a hit with all who saw him!
Saturdays Ella has soccer games and she and another little girl scored a lot of the points and watching these games is really funny. They all look like little rats chasing a ball.
We are also enjoying cooking around this house. This seems to be an event that my children are really wanting to be apart of. Garrett wanted to make some cookies the other day and the end result was awesome. He did a great job! Watch out, we could have another Richard in the family with Garrett and Gavyn loving to cook.
Brent
The kids look so cute! Great job!
Also, those cookies are my favorites. Send Garrett my way!!
I am sorry about the blood sugar scare. Sometimes there just isn't an explanation. I have three friends whose children all have the same thing. Sometimes one of them is up all night with her son. I will remember you all when I pray and hope that everything goes well this week.
Love to you!
I'm so sorry to hear about Gavyn. Poor little guy!
I'm going to call you and find out when Ella's game is next week. We really need to come see her play. She is such a little doll.
Oh and tell Garrett and Gavyn that I'm going to be planning on them making me some of those yummy looking cookies.
We love you all,JoLynn
P.S. Thanks again for helping us out with getting Blake to his game.
I see Rustin in that soccer game picture. I swear Im gonna make it to one soon. I have had stuff the last couple saturdays....and its so dang early.
Love Grandma Helen
nathanandjeannemason.blogspot.com