Monday, November 24, 2008

My Monday Six

1. I am thankful for my Husband. He is such a hard worker and is very dedicated to his job and the Church. Every turn of my head he is doing something. He is working 2 jobs, his one during the day and the one on the side. He also does his church callings well. He has a stake calling for the broadcasting and also teaches scouts to the Webelos. I get frustrated at times but I am very proud of him for his drive to do it all.

2. I am thankful for my Aunts! Without you I wouldn't be on my toes. My aunts who blog out there and comment on my blogs and all of my funniness, you guys have always been a great example to me. Aunt Mary, You are so sweet and passionate, and Gena, well what do I say about you, I have been told that I am like you and I take that as a great compliment. You both are great examples to all and you both have great qualities that I try to work into my life. I love you both.

3. Like I said before, I love the holidays! This year Thanksgiving is at Brian and Jolynn's house. My little family is so excited for this. They ask everyday if we are going and I have to tell them how many days are left. They were really excited to ride the horse but I had to tell them that it is supposed to rain that day so not to be disappointed if we don't get to ride him. It is going to be so fun to be around the family. Well some of the family. I know not all of us are going to be together but like Ella says to me all of the time from her favorite movie Lilo and Stitch, " I found this family all on my own, it is little, and broken, but it is good, yeah still good." Learning a lesson from my five year old is great. Ya, we have a broken family but it is still good, great in fact, I just have to look at the positive in all and think that someday we will all be together and that things will work out. We miss the ones gone but they are not forgotten.

4. I am thankful for Christmas decorations. Even though Bryan is really against me doing this I am really in the mood to put up my decorations. so I am getting some out slowly and for my friends that want to see pictures of the transformation I will post them as soon as it is all done. Thanks to my mother Sherrie for getting me into the decorations!

5. I am thankful for family pictures. Yes I have to admit that I look forward to this. I have an awesome friend who take really good pictures for a really good price. Only $65 dollars! You get the disk of the edited photos and the copyright release. If you are interested just go checkout her blog and see her work ebentleyphoto.blogspot.com. We are getting ours done with my brother and his family and also my dad and Sherrie. It will be fun to have a lot of pictures of us all. I am sticking with the original black shirts and denim jeans and of course Ella will be different and be in a white and black shirt. I am excited.

6. I am thankful for Jolynn. She is a really great sister and a great friend. I know that if I need to talk or just vent I can call her and she will listen to me and not judge me for any of it. We went out to dinner with her and Brian on Friday and really enjoyed it. They are a great couple and I am glad that we had time to spend together. I am also hoping that we get to spend time with them and go shopping with them the day after Thanksgiving. We just have to find a sitter. Thanks Jo for always being there for me and I love you!

I am also looking forward to spending time with Brent and Kami when they get into town. I love when they come here. It feels more complete! I love their kids to and their sweet spirits they bring!

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hi Lyndsey, I really enjoyed your Monday Six this week. I can tell that you are having deep/sensitive feelings this holiday season. This is a good time to reflect on the things that are most important to us. I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your family, it sounds like it will be great fun!
    URFAVE 5+A Few said...
    Lyndz-that was such a sweet Monday Six. Thanks for making me a part of it. I love you!!! I'm so thankful for you. You are a true inspiration to me and example. I appreciate you and your friendship and I'm glad that you know that I am always there for you, because I am.
    We had a great time with you the other night too. When we left we both said how much fun we had! Work on that babysitter thing, it won't be the same without you and Bryan along for Black Friday:)
    Love ya, JoLynn
    Marianne said...
    Lyndsey! You made me cry again! I sure love you! You know what? Put up the decorations! If it makes you happy then do it. Bryan will be glad for a happy wife!

    I loved reading your sweet thoughts and I feel many of the same things. As far as the "broken" part goes...just keep praying and hoping and someday things may turn around.
    Ali said...
    Hey L, it was fun seeing you & Jody @ Target a couple of weeks back. Found your blog thru hers and just wanted to say, I'm so glad I ran into you guys that day and you reaffirmed the black dress thing for my fam pics - a few of them actually turned out quite well! ;) Thanks again!
    Nikki said...
    I love reading your postings. You are so cute. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Gena said...
    I love you so much! I really needed something to brighten my day and your sweet words did it (so did the peanut butter cookie dough Steve just had me "test"). Love you tons!

    ps. I'm bummed that you and JoLynn got to the best of the blog backgrounds first!

Post a Comment