Friday, November 14, 2008
I have to say I know that I am a day late but yesterday was a bit of a busy day and I meant to post this yesterday but this is the only time that I had. Jolynn can tell you that I had my days mixed up. So in my mind today is Thursday and it is my brothers birthday so I am going to say some of the great memories that I have of my brother Brian.
I remember growing up that he was always there for me in everything that I did. He was and is a great listener. He was and is very hard working. He always did what mom or dad asked of him and always accomplished all that he set out to do. I remember the day of my 16th birthday and Brian coming into my room and telling me that he was gong to be the one to take me out on my first official date so that I knew how I was supposed to be treated. He took me to the Suns game and we had a great time. He opened all the doors for me and bought me dinner and needless to say that that was the best way to have a first date. He was and is a gentlemen. When ever there were places to go I was right there going with him and we even did the early morning paper routes together when mom wasn't feeling up to it. I remember on morning after the paper route was over I went with him to a guys house (whose name shall remain nameless, Jolynn knows who he is) and he left a note on the guys window warning him to stay away from Jolynn. (He and Jolynn had just started dating.) That was the first time that I saw my brother really start to care about Jolynn. As I got older and it was time to start settling down with someone I looked for guys that were like Brian and had the same qualities like him. Low and behold I married a Bryan and he has alot of the same qualities as him. As of recently I have gotten to spend more time with Brian and talk with him and I have to say that I love my brother very much and I am proud of the man he is today. Plus we make a great team when it comes to dodge ball. Thank you for being the person you are and for being the great friend and example to me and my family. Happy Birthday!!
I really love my other brother Brent too but it isn't his Birthday yet (that is coming in January so you will have to wait till then to get praised).
I remember growing up that he was always there for me in everything that I did. He was and is a great listener. He was and is very hard working. He always did what mom or dad asked of him and always accomplished all that he set out to do. I remember the day of my 16th birthday and Brian coming into my room and telling me that he was gong to be the one to take me out on my first official date so that I knew how I was supposed to be treated. He took me to the Suns game and we had a great time. He opened all the doors for me and bought me dinner and needless to say that that was the best way to have a first date. He was and is a gentlemen. When ever there were places to go I was right there going with him and we even did the early morning paper routes together when mom wasn't feeling up to it. I remember on morning after the paper route was over I went with him to a guys house (whose name shall remain nameless, Jolynn knows who he is) and he left a note on the guys window warning him to stay away from Jolynn. (He and Jolynn had just started dating.) That was the first time that I saw my brother really start to care about Jolynn. As I got older and it was time to start settling down with someone I looked for guys that were like Brian and had the same qualities like him. Low and behold I married a Bryan and he has alot of the same qualities as him. As of recently I have gotten to spend more time with Brian and talk with him and I have to say that I love my brother very much and I am proud of the man he is today. Plus we make a great team when it comes to dodge ball. Thank you for being the person you are and for being the great friend and example to me and my family. Happy Birthday!!
I really love my other brother Brent too but it isn't his Birthday yet (that is coming in January so you will have to wait till then to get praised).
5 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And for the record Lyndsey your right Brent is a great guy too and we love him also!!! You were so blessed to have two great brothers! Thanks for sharing all your memories. We love you!!!
JoLynn
Leslie (Shane's wife....who is Bryan's cousin :) ha -