Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Six- Things that made me Smile

These things made me smile this week!

1. Gavyn got his Insulin pump. The day has come and the boy is free of the shots!!!!!This little pager like machine is a miracle within itself but the figuring out his numbers part for the next week is for the birds! I have to wake up at 12am and 3am to take his blood sugar and make sure he is doing alright. But other than that I am trying to figure this out like I had to with the shots.



2. I smile every time I get to do my crafts! Thanks to my Grandma Ellsworth, when I was 12 she taught me how to do plastic canvas and now I am a whiz at it. I have and am doing more of these holiday lineups and they really help me to destress my day. These are the second ones that I have at home and now I am doing the line up of snowmen. I have sold these to people who have asked for them and really enjoy it.


3. I love this season! The weather has made me smile. It was really cold yesterday morning because we had all of the windows open and of course when it is cold outside the kids had to have hot chocolate and toast. The breakfast of champs I say! Although this little breakfast made Gavyn's blood sugar sky rocket to 454 because his pump didn't give him the insulin to cover it. Imagine your kid in the middle of sacrament looking really red and lethargic. Not fun. But he was fine and now we know what we are doing. The breakfast is still okay to eat, we just need to make sure he is covered for it insulin wise.

4. I made pumpkin rolls for the first time! It is very easy. I thought that they were going to be hard but man. they were easy. I got the recipe from my friends blog because I love pumpkin rolls and low and behold they turned out! I have the recipe if any one wants it.









5. I am thankful for a husband who enjoys taking our children and doing fun things with them. He took them to this place on Saturday where they had a dino dig and fishing. They really enjoyed this all but Ella. She didn't like the fishing part because it was to time consuming. Gavyn and Garrett loved it. Gavyn caught 3 fish and Garrett caught 2.

6. My mom! Tomorrow is the day that my mother passed away. Instead of grieving and being depressed about this day I reflect on the things that my mother has given me in my life and I am thankful for the example that she was to me. She was very strong and very loving and I love her for this. I am very thankful for everyone who had so much of a hand with her in her final days and I want to tell my Grandma Ellsworth how much I love her for her being there to take care of her while she needed it. She was a huge part of my mom's and dad's lives and I am thankful. I know that I will see my mom again and I know that she is watching over my family. All of us children and even my dad and Sherri talk about her all of the time and remember all of the stories of her and for this I am grateful.

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I loved your Sunday Six on Monday (it never really matters what day of the week we are thankful!) I am so happy for Gavyn (and you), I know this pump will make his life so much easier. Your crafties are darling, don't you just love feeling creative. I agree that you are truly blessed to have such a great husband. There are a lot of "not so good" ones out there and when you do get a good one, you need to hold on for dear life. Of course, I never met your mom but I hope to meet her one day, she must have been a wonderful person because she sure has some wonderful children!! I wish you another happy week!!
    Gena said...
    Lynnie, it sounds like you had a much better week. It's good to be happy. Having a husband and a family that love each other seems a simple thing but I know you both work at it and it shows. Your family is beautiful. I miss you Mom. I loved coming to help out during her first surgery. You made me help you with your homework and watch "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves" with you. Such a sacrifice! I know your Mom is there and I know she watches you. She stood beside me at Brian and JoLynn's wedding; one of my top ten spiritual experiences. I love you very much. Tell Bryan to hug you for me!
    URFAVE 5+A Few said...
    Lyndz, I'm so glad that you see all of your many blessings! You do have so much to be thankful and gratful for. I know that your Mom is so proud of you and the Mother and Wife that you have become. So hang your head high and smile! We love you!
    JoLynn
    Nikki said...
    I love that he has the pump better then the shots. I hear great things about it. I love pumpkin rolls they are one of my favorite things to eat. Crafts...You were always the crafty one.
    Marianne said...
    Hi Lyndsey! It sounds like you are very happy these days and that is so great! I was thinking about you all the other day, about your Mom too. You have been blessed with wonderful parents and family all around you and I am so glad you appreciate them.

    Thank goodness for the pump! I have two friends in my ward whose sons have insulin pumps and it has changed their lives!

    Thank goodness for good husbands too. What would we do without them?

    Love you!
    Anonymous said...
    Sweet Lyndsey; I loved reading your comments. And you are welcome. I was more than happy to be with Susan and help her during her last few weeks. It was an experience I will never forget. She taught me a very great lesson in patience and accepting what you can do nothing about, without complaint. I have lots of memories about that time. I am so happy for Gavin to have the pump so he doesn't have to take shots anymore. What a brave little guy he has been. I love you and your family so very much. I will see you at Thanksgiving time. I just made my plane reservations today. It will be nice to see everyone.
    Love Grandma Ellsworth

Post a Comment