Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Finally!!!!

I am finally done reading Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final book in the Stephanie Meyer series. I am sorry to be done with the book but man the hype around it was worth it. I loved this book along with all of the others. I know that Bryan is glad that I am done because I have been a hermit for the last couple of days because I have been ignoring everyone just to finish it. I havn't even been bloggin. Well now I am back on track and will try to catch up.
Gavyn had his birthday and turned 7 years old. Man he is getting bigger everyday and I am very glad to have him in our family. Watching him struggle daily with his diabetes is very hard but he is a trooper. We took him for a blood work up and all is good and now the next step is to get him on the pump. This is supposed to be a lot better for everyone but it makes me vervous because it is another thing that I have to learn how to work. We ended up taking him out to Applebees for his birthday lunch and let me tell you. Anyone who knows my Gavyn knows that he would rather choose what to eat off othe adult menu rather the kids one. So what was his choice? He had the adult ribs basket and ate the whole thing. Then later that night we met up with my brother Brian and his family and took Gavyn out to his choice of dinner, Red Lobster. What kid wants to go to Red Lobster? Well he ordered crab legs and loved them. They were too salty he said but he ate them all. The kid loves food. The next day we had a little birthday party for him and had family over and he had lots of fun. Later that night after all were in bed Jolynn, Brilynn and I went to Barnes and Noble and got out Breaking Dawn Books. It was very crowded but very much organized to where we didn't have to stand in lines to get the book they just called letters and half went to the front and the other half went to the back. We had our books by 12:30am. Freaks I know but well worth it.
Now I am sitting in my house all by myself enjoyin the quiet and cleaning it all up only for it to be torn apart when my kids get back from school.

11 Comments:

  1. URFAVE 5+A Few said...
    Put the book down and clean your house. The book is a cult!!!!!
    I don't need to tell you who this is!!
    Laurel said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Natalee said...
    I am half way through the book! DON"T TELL ME ANYTHING! I am so freaking sddicted its sick!

    Dacid refuses to see the movie with me because I neglected him while I read the books! LOL!
    Cedar said...
    I don't even know if I can read it, I just want to know. The suspense is killing me.!! My kids start school tomorrow, then maybe I can sit for a minute (or 2) to read it.
    Laurel said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Ellsworth Party of Four said...
    Let me ask you this one question. Do you ever want to take the back side of your hand and beat Brian with it?? I do...quite a bit! Back off Brian, and love your wife who is a part of the cult! I got your back.

    much love,
    anonymous
    Marianne said...
    Hey you girls!! Is this the same sweet little Brian I used to hold on my lap and read to? Surely NOT!!
    Quit picking on him!

    OK, seriously, I am part of the cult myself. I haven't gotten very farin the book but I wish I had more time!! My kids don't go back to school until next Tuesday. :(
    Ellsworth Party of Four said...
    I just want all to know...the hitting Brian comment did not come from his new FAV sis-in-law (right Brian??). I am too intimidated by him to say anything to fire him up! :)
    Rebekah's Mom said...
    My "cult" reading is over now, too. and I'm wondering what book/series can I read now? I don't want to get back to cleaning my house or anything crazy like that:) Let me know what your next step is...Shaunee
    URFAVE 5+A Few said...
    O.K. it been 3 weeks since you've posted a new blog. Come on Lynz-get with it!!!
    Love Ya-JoLynn
    Gena said...
    A cult!? Oh, well, I didn't get the book at midnight but I did have it finished in about 8 hours. Now I finally got to pick up my copy of "The Host" (I let Steve read it first and he falls asleep every time he reads...) School's back in session (yea!) and we're enjoying the cool, crisp weather as we head into Fall. Don't envy too much, it's shooting from 60's and inches of rain to 92 today and lots of humidity. Got to go cook for the missionaries...

Post a Comment