Monday, June 30, 2008

The Party That Almost Was

Well we started out the day by waking up little Ella from a sound sleep to give her her birthday spankings from all of us so dad could go to work. As soon as that was over a smile came across that cute little face of hers and said, "It is my day today!" The first thing we did was go to the movies to see Wall-E. She really loved the movie and will even quote some of the lines from it to you. Then we made our way down to the Payless so she could buy herself some school shoes with her own birthday money. (Yes she loves shoes!) Then seeing that the Disney Store is right next door we had to make a stop where she picked up a few more toys and then so generously told her brothers that she would buy them these cool cups that were on sale. Our next stop on her list was to lunch. We stopped at Wentzels Pretzels where she chowed down on a cinnomon sugar pretzel. We finally stopped at the Walmart and she bought herself a My Melody doll and matching dress. (Melody is the friend to Hello Kitty) This picture shows how cute she looked with all of her purchases on this day.

The final destination of her birthday was at Grandma and Grandpa Mortensens where she had her birthday party with Grandma because they were born on the same day. The request for the desert was strawberry short cake so I waited to make the whipped cream till we were there. Well it got left outside and got ruined so I had to get some more up at the store. When I left all was good. The kids and the adults were out in the pool having a great time. Well to my amazement when I came back it was quiet and nobody was in the house but they weren't in the pool either. They were all gathered around something that I could not see so I just started to make the whipped cream. A minute later Bryan came in the house holding a little kid in his arms with this look on his face that I didn't like. He saw me and came right up. Next thing I knew I was looking at Ella and was very shocked. These pictures should explain it.



She had slipped on the rock waterfall in the pool and came out of the water all bloody. She now, a couple of hours later looks like Rocky after a fight with a very swollen eye. She also has scraps on her upper thigh and on her arm that you can see in the pictures. All in all it has been a very busy day. She is doing alright but is very tired and very sore. She is a very strong little girl. I lover her very much and am very proud of the person she is growing up to be. Happy Birthday to my precious girl.

(The swelling is a lot more than what this picture shows now)

14 Comments:

  1. Laurel said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Ellsworth Party of Four said...
    oh my poor little favorite 5 year old!!! We hope you had a FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY despite the gash on the side of your sweet face!
    We love you...miss you...and will see you soon. 23 days to be exact!! WOOHOO!!
    Laynee said...
    Poor Ella!!! What a birthday! I am glad you had a good "most of the day."
    Ellsworth family said...
    Hey, girl! It has taken me forever to get your blog information. WOW! I can't believe how big you kids are. I miss you guys andyour side of the family. We need to start getting together atleast every so often so we know who each other are. OK so I know you have always looked great but you look GREAT! Call me sometime, so we can talk, get together or whatever. Home 480-474-9138 or 480-209-3796. I am working at Banner Desert in the ER so my schedule can be a little crazy but we can work it out. Your kids are so cute even with a swollen,scratched up face. Later!
    URFAVE 5+A Few said...
    Holy Cow! Ella you poor little sweetie! That breaks my heart just looking at it. Well I hope you had a very Happy Birthday even if you did get a good owie!!! We sure love you!!! Please be careful!!!
    Love Ya, Aunt JoLynn
    Holly said...
    Lyndsey, she looks so much like you did when you were a tike. I remember turning around in sacrament meeting and seeing you put cheerio-s down your diaper! So she's a little older than the diaper stage, but still a spittin image of you.
    Holly said...
    my mom's email is spitton2@yahoo.com. You're right Kelly doesn't check her blog too often. I told her you left her a comment though. I'm sure she'll be contacting you. They're out of town right now though.
    kenzie said...
    give ella lots of loves for me. Oh I'm so sad that happened to her. she must have been so scared. what a birthday present huh, ella? Have fun today at the big pool. thanks for calling me. Love you MD
    Grandma Norma said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Kenyon said...
    What a horrible owie!! Happy belated to princess Ella :) I dont even know her very well but she is one of my favorite little girls!
    Brandon and Mandi Hemming said...
    Lyndsey!! So cute!! I found your blog through somebody elses blog who was on Tia's blog!! ha ha! Crazy bloggers!! :) My blog is private due to a dirty old man from Portugal making comments about my kids!! So crazy!! so email me so I can invite you to my blog! mandi_hemming@cox.net
    I love that we can keep in touch like this!!
    URFAVE 5+A Few said...
    Lynz, I was wondering who had put my twilight thing on my blog. I knew it must have been you or Stacey. Yes, I love it!!! Thank you so much!!!
    JoLynn
    Shauna said...
    I'm glad your little one is ok. I'm sure she had all the love and kisses to make it better! Happy belated b-day to Ella.
    Cedar said...
    "Its my party and I'll get hurt if I want to". Poor girl. She is so dang cute, I can't beleive your baby is 5! Congrats to Brent! He does look really happy! You look great!!

Post a Comment