Monday, February 23, 2009
WARNING!! There might be content in this blog that might offend some people but I am sorry, just deal with it because this is my blog and these are my feelings.
I have had a few thing on my mind for the past couple of weeks and am really feeling like I need to share some of the many things that I am thankful for in my life. it might sound a little harsh or not but these are my feelings and I am sharing them on my blog!!
1. I am thankful for the gift in my life which I call grandparents. I may not have as many grand parents as some but what I have I will not trade. I have lost my grandpa Ellsworth but I still have my grandma Helen. She has always been there and still is there even though she is miles and miles away. She was with our family in a time of need when my mother was really sick with cancer. She stayed at our house and took care of my mother up until she passed away. She really showed me the true example of what a grandma should be with her unconditional love and support. She still is and always will be a great grandma. She even comments on this blog occasionally. My other grandparents are great too. Grandma and Grandpa Allred. What more do I need to say. Even though we aren't blood related they have never treated any of us kids different. They are great examples to me and I am very lucky to have them in my life and in my kids lives. Thank you guys for being there through thick and thin and never turning your backs on any of us. You guys stepped in at a rough patch in our lives and filled a void of grandparents that weren't there. I love you guys very much.
2. I am thankful for my friend, sister and sister-in-law Jolynn. I know that we have been threw a lot in our times together but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Your friendship means a lot to me, probably more than you could ever know. Not having some people around has been really hard on everyone. We have even been chastised for it, but through it all we have stuck by each other and you have been a great friend. I do miss the ones not around, but like we have been told, when they are ready to come back around the family they will on their own time and I guess we have to accept that. You always make me feel better in all sorts of ways and you have filled the role of a sister and a friend very well. Thank You Jo!!!!!!
3. I know I have said it before and I will say it again, I am thankful for my Aunts!! Gena, Marianne, You know who you are. You guys are one in a million. Your aunt is a friend and a second mother in a way, non judgemental but will tell you how is should be (like a mother). Since I don't have mine around I have listened to your stories about her and really cherish them. You guys have always been there and always kept in touch never missing a beat. The blogs make life easy to keep in touch. Thanks for never turning your backs on loved ones and being the examples you are.
4. I am thankful for Sherri. Thank you for being a mother and a friend to me. You have filled a role that is very hard to come into. You have been there through more crap than one should have to put up with but you did it. Your talks and phone calls mean a lot to me and to my family. My mother would me very proud of the way you are handeling our family.
5. I am thankful for my Friend Randi, or as my brother calls her Randel. She is the bestest friend a girl could ask for. She has really been a rock for me in some of some really hard and difficult times. She never has turned her back on me and I don't think we have ever been in a fight. She has had some great advice when it came to dealing with a hard situation in my family and also a great support for my family. She gets along really well with the family too. My kids love her! I couldn't ask for a better friend. Shoot everyone asks us if we are sisters, she should be.
6. I am thankful for my rock, my best friend, and my husband Bryan. You hottie you!!!! He is the truest form of good in my life. Some have said that I don't deserve him and that I just settled. Well okay, I'll take him then. What a crock. I love this man with all of my heart and am very glad that he just settled for me. He is a great example to my kids and a great person. I am very lucky to have found him and am not ready to give him up any time soon!!! Love you.
I also want Bryan to know that I think he ROCKS! He is such a stud! When you first married him I thought no way can anyone be as good as him. I've waited 10 years to see the other shoe fall and guess what? I've decided that he really is as good as he is. I'm thankful to have him apart of our family and I truly appreciate his wonderful example to all of us and his willingness to do anything for anyone.
We love you both very very much!
JoLynn
P.S. I love Randi too:)
Lots of Love Grandma
I do hope someday those people will open their eyes and realize just how much they have lost not having you in their lives. They really have no clue!! You are such a caring, giving loving and strong women-heck I'm lucky to have you as my friend!!
Get it out-if people don't like it or get offended, it's just because they know it's true.
Stephanie Adair