Saturday, May 23, 2009

I love flip flops as much as the next guy but man if I would have known what the mad house was going to be like at Old Navy today I would have just stayed home. Old Navy was having a sale on there flips for $1. Man I thought that that was a great deal, Well so did all of Arizona. Every Tom Dick and Harry were out in full force along with their children. you would have thought that it was the day after Thanksgiving sale. Women were running, pushing, stepping on feet, even getting into fights. I was able to walk over to the boys sandals and grab 4 of the same size sandals for them. ( The limit was 5 flips per transaction.) I went to the little girl sandals and that was trouble. There were women pushing their kids into the big groups to make them grab the sandals and also a lady with a 2 week old baby on her tummy carrier. She was getting shoved everywhere and the baby was screaming. One of the employees had to get up in the ladies section and yell to the women to calm down not to shove and to have respect because it is only $1 flip flops they are fighting over. I was going to try to look at my size of flips but you couldn't even see the wall they were on because there were so many women pushing to get to them. On the way to the line to check out there was a bigger lady plopped down in the floor with a huge pile of I would say 50 pair or more at her feet. I guess she didn't care that you could only get 5. To make the long story short I made it out with 7 pairs of flip flops and I am alive with only bruised toes and an elbow to the chest, but at least I got my flips!!!!!!
We went to one Day After Thanksgiving sale about 12 years ago and we were so sickened by what we were put through in a tiny KayBee Toys store that we swore we would NEVER do anything like that again! I am glad you are alive!
I've been so bad about keeping up with blogs and such since I've been working so much and I just read your last posting. I agree with what everyone else said. Love him, pray for him (and for you), and don't ever give up! Who knows what's going on? If you can all tough it out together maybe you'll find out someday soon. I call this behavior "testing the fences" like when livestock are always going around the corrals looking for the weak points. Just hang in there and remember how much we all love you and are there for you!