Monday, March 30, 2009

I am thinking of closing down my blog. After some thinking about this for a while this is the decission I am coming up with. You can put up warnings and disclaimers and other things but people who read your blog don't care and will assume it is about them. People get their feelings hurt too easily and this just isn't worth it any more. I can't explain myself anymore without it hurting somebody elses feelings.

11 Comments:

  1. Nikki said...
    You know what I love your blog. If people get offended tell them to stop reading. Obviously if they read they are either enjoying it or looking for Drama. Where else can you have your journal and scrapbook in one. That is the only reason why I have one.
    Gena said...
    I think you are considerate to warn and disclaim. If someone is reading your blog and getting bent out of shape then they should, well, stay the hell away from your blog. Sadly there are people in this world and, yes, in this family who can always find offense and actively search for it. It's no one elses business what YOU put on YOUR blog. I'd hate to see you hang it up because I've loved keeping up with you and your family. You do what you think is best for YOU. Could you be a password protected babe?

    There, now it's up to Marianne to comment after me and be the sweet loving aunt instead of the vitriolic profane aunt.

    I love you, Lyndsey!
    Laynee said...
    You can't shut sown your blog!!! It's their problem not yours. Just make it private and don't invite them that way you don't have to give up your blog and we don't have to miss out on whats going on with you!!!
    stacy said...
    what a bunch of weirdos...WAY too sensitive! my mom gets totally offended from my blog because i post funny things about my kids and she thinks it's making fun of them. MY BLOG, MY JOURNAL, MINE!! you don't like it DON'T LOOK!so i told her that two days ago. i don't need anyone judging me for my thoughts and words and neither do you. make it private or just ignore their ignorance. i think your blog is great and it's your record of your great or maybe sometimes not so great life and you get to tell it like it is without others passing judgment, especially family and friends. if they think you are talking about them they get to choose not to subject themselves to that. if they choose to read,that is THEIR PROBLEM, not yours and they need to keep that to themselves. sorry you have such OVERLY sensitive people in your life. that must be really hard.
    stacy said...
    if you go private, don't forget to invite me! :)
    URFAVE 5+A Few said...
    Don't do that! The people that suffer the most if you do that is you and your family.

    I'm sure that we've all blogged about at sometime or another and offended someone and I'm sure at sometime or another we've maybe read something that maybe rubbed us the wrong way. The bottom line is, is it's your blog. If people are offended they don't have to read it.

    Love ya, JoLynn
    Anonymous said...
    Lyndsey, please don't stop blogging. I am so far away and miss out on so much with my Grandkids and their kids. I can't tell you how much it means to me. I am so sick and tired of people in the world who have to be so unhappy all the time, amd cause so many problems. Don't they know that the Angels in Heaven are keeping a record on each of us. There is a list a mile long of the things Heavenly Father edxpects out of us and it is not being hateful, cruel, antagonistic and a hundred other things. Hold your head high and keep being the sweet person you are. Of course if it is necessary for your peaace of mind go ahead and do it. But you know what? WEhom ever it is will be the winner there. That is their aim in life is to cause misery for everyone else. Remember how much I love you and yours

    Grandma Helen
    And by-the-way. I need your email address. I keep emailing to you and it keeps coming back as undelivered. Send it to me in an email. I'll need it anyhow if you close your blog so I can keep in touch with you.
    Cedar said...
    I love reading your blog and are so glad to keep in touch with you after all these years of friendship, even though we live far away!
    If you go private- add me please:) Good luck with everything.
    Missy said...
    Don't do that, why should you have to suffer because of others feelings, if they don't like it then they don't need to read it. You have the right to your opionion and your feelings, don't let others bring you down.
    Anonymous said...
    A big DITTO on everything everyone else has said. Go private - INVITE ME! :)
    Anonymous said...
    you can't stop blogging!! This is your life, not theirs, live it, write about it.

Post a Comment